G-IKON, a VANS RV-4

I am building a VANS RV-4 aircraft. If your not involved in homebuilt aircraft it wont be too interesting, but if you are a part of that elite group it just might be. My intention is to include ONLY the interesting details, so the rate of change will be quite slow!

Monday, July 09, 2007

 

3 greens!

Finally she is on three wheels! It feels like a major step forward, and that I have passed the half way point.

I have minor details to do to the fuselage; rudder cable exits/fairing, rudder stops, elevator stops and then its on to the engine and systems. I much prefer that.

The last few weeks have been spent fitting the canopy. I fixed it with Sikaflex rather than rivets. If you are interested go too the 'Finish Kit' section of the blog.

I sat in it for the first time a few days ago with the canopy on. The seating position is reminiscent of my Supercub.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker