G-IKON, a VANS RV-4

I am building a VANS RV-4 aircraft. If your not involved in homebuilt aircraft it wont be too interesting, but if you are a part of that elite group it just might be. My intention is to include ONLY the interesting details, so the rate of change will be quite slow!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 

The Interior is painted

I have painted the interior with 2 pack over the last few days. I found it surprisingly easy, and only made one small run. With the painting behind me it seemed like time to start putting some bits together while I can still find them.

The coil of tube you see in this picture is just the end of the static tube which has not yet been cut to length.

Oh and yes, it is made to have a removable panel like a Rocket.

(Click the picture to see better.)












My wife is a happy passenger, but does not want to do the flying, so the stick fits here held by a pip pin and a spare UHM block when not required.



















The one mistake I made in the painting is I only intended to put top coat on the visible surfaces. I painted the wrong side of the lower panel at the rear of the baggage compartment so you are looking at primer, not topcoat.
I hope I have the ergonomics correct for the quadrant and fuel valve.

The front compartment hinges open. I intend to use it for additional storage and to adjust CofG.









Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker